Privacy & cookies policy
This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Website and The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd the owner and provider of this Website. This Policy applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us in relation to your use of the Website.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means collectively all information that you submit to the The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd via the Website. This definition shall, where applicable, incorporate the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998;
means a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in Clause 12;
“The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd”
means The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd of 28 Church Street, Shipston on Stour, Warwickshire, CV36 4AP;
“UK and EU Cookie Law”
means the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
means any third party that accesses the Website and is not employed by The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd and acting in the course of their employment; and
means the website that you are currently using (www.rhcollection.co.uk) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain. www.rhcollection.co.uk) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. Scope of this Policy
This Policy applies only to the actions of The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
3. Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected by this Website from time to time:
- date of birth;
- job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- operating system (automatically collected);
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
4. Our Use of Data
- Any personal Data you submit will be retained by The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd for a limited period of time.
- Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Clause 5, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. Fore more details on security see Clause 11 below.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
5. Third Party Websites and Services
- The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment processing, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services may have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Website.
- Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties shall be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
6. Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
- In the event that any Data submitted by Users is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
7. Controlling Use of Your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
8. Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of the Website without providing any Data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on the Website you may be required to submit certain Data.
9. Accessing your own Data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd (where such data is held) on payment of a small fee which will not exceed £15.
- Data security is of great importance to The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd and to protect your Data The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Website.
- Specifically we use the following systems:
â¢ SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Certificate
- The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd uses the industry leading internet payment company Sage Pay to protect your card details and protect The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd from fraud. The following security systems are used
- Transaction security. All transaction information passed between merchant sites and the Sage Pay VSP Systems is encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted and any messages sent to your servers from Sage Pay are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely secure in the knowledge that nothing you pass to the Sage Pay servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
- Encryption and Data Storage. All sensitive data is secured on Sage Pay using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign's Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data we hold is extremely secure and we are regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
- Links to banks. Sage Pay has multiple private links into the banking network that are completely separate from the Internet and which do not cross any publicly accessible networks. Any cardholder information sent to the banks and any authorisation message coming back is secure and cannot be tampered with.
- Employee access. No individuals within our company or Sage Pay are able to decrypt transaction information or cardholder data. Our systems only allow access to our most senior staff and only in extenuating circumstances (such as investigations of Card Fraud by the Police). Your transaction information and customer card information is secure even form our own employees because our systems never display the full card numbers, even on administration screens.
- All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
- By using The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd’s website, The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd will automatically assume that you have accepted cookies to be placed onto your computer. If you would like to remove these cookies please see 11.5, however this will affect your usability on the site.
- Certain features of the Website depend upon Cookies to function. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these Cookies to be “strictly necessary”. Your consent will not be sought to place these Cookies. You may still block these cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed in the following link.
- You can manage these small files and learn more about them by going to the following link:-
- The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd is giving you this information as part of their initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure they are honest and clear about your privacy when using their website. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
Changes to this Policy
The Richard Harvey Collection Ltd reserves the right to change this Policy as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the Policy on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
We do have relationships with carefully-selected suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit.
- Google Maps. [Cookie name: NNID PREF]
You can manage these small files and learn more about them from the article, Internet Browser cookies- what they are and how to manage them.
We're giving you this information as part of our initiative to comply with recent legislation, and to make sure we're honest and clear about your privacy when using our website.